filming

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

:!:
im thinking about starting a student film agency/company type of thing where different people get together and make short films or full length films..... if you live in maine and are interested e-mail me at sw1ft3@yahoo.com 8)

sounds cool...
but saddly... I'm a Washingtonian boy.

errrrrrrrr

errrrrrrrr

it pisses me off sooo bad cuzz sh1t doesn't happen in maine at all..... hopefully ill be moving soon to NEW YORK.......

New York won't necessarily help you make films. I'm guessing you're a student so you should just get a couple friends together and make a film. About anything.

Just do it!

If I could make a recommendation, pick up Bruce Campbell's Autobiography "If Chins Could Kill-Confessions of a B movie Actor"

There is some really good stuff in there about him and Sam Raimi and the rest of the bunch making films with no money, practically nothing at all to start with. They just went out and did it. Really good read.

When nothing's happening...you have the opportunity to make it happen.
I was speaking with one of my professors recently about how students, and artists in general always have the common misconception that they have to move far away from their cradle of inspiration in order to get something done. When in fact, the best thing to do, especially if you're just starting out is to use your home as the inspiring guide to tell your story.

I don't know if you grew up there or not, but if you did, you have to have an original story to tell, inspired by experiences begging to bellow up from a town that has yet to be spoken for....something's got to be there.
Even in a place as desolate as Alaska, people have stories, real and/or conjured up, fact is, there's a story to tell, and you can tell it...if you want.
8)

Network Sponsors

Back