Editing Canon XL2 24p

Jmcpanther

I'm looking to film on a Canon XL2 with the film rate of 24p. I know this requires special editing software that is able to edit true 24 instead of 30p. I was just wondering what is compatible and what can do the job. Thank you so much.

It does true 24p in NTSC mode? ...and it isn't a pulldown? (I don't know much about Canon cameras so I'm asking.)

I know the DVX100 had some issues early on with lists exported out of Premiere Pro because of the pulldown issue. I think FCP may have handled that better...but there are people on the forum who could speak to FCP better than I...

I suspect Vegas 6 would take it...

Here is the scoup on the XL2 in 24P mode.

It records in STMP... there are lots of issues people are running into editing this... but the fix will actually be pretty simple.

Durring import, make sure you are set to STMP rather than standard broadcast timecode.

Hopefully this will solve the issues many of us are running into with this camera.

BTW, you'll all want to thank Niall James for this little bit of information... great friend of mine and a recent XL2 owner.

Network Sponsors

Back