Cross Processed Reversal

R

rickd2130

I am shooting cross processed 7285 tests tomorrow on s16. The short will be shot in a dessert and clearly we are using sigel's work on three kings as a template. David any suggestions on lighting and drop in filters to help achieve that films CxP material. Also we want to telecine at VPT in dallas do you have any suggestions on post production workflow and handling because as I understand the shelf life on CxP is pretty bad. Finally any general tips you can give me to help get the most out of this process and stock. Thanks you David and anyone else willing to pitch in.

Rick
wannabe DP

The color dyes in cross-processed E6 (such as 7285) are not as unstable as the ones in the old VNF stocks when cross-processed.

Cross-processed 7285 is very contrasty and tends to skew colors to the green, especially any golds in the frame. Some people might add some magenta filtration I suppose, but the odd color shifting is one of the reasons people cross-process in the first place.

In terms of post workflow, it depends on what the final format of the project will be.

Network Sponsors

Back