Composing a Limo

Bounce

I'm possibly in a pickle and just trying to cover myself in case. We are doing a shoot for a college university (we being in the film department) are shooting the video inside a gym arena, lights out, shooting with black drape, fog, and low key lighting as our scenery.

As part of the scene we were going to shoot the main characters getting out of a vehicle. Having dolly shots, and poor mans stedicam-ish shots following the talent backwards as they walk.

A possible issue. The gym floor was replaced recently and we are not positive if we will be able to get the vehicle onto the floor (due to weight???). Flying a green screen would not only be costly, but not practical as well.

What are my options if this is not possible. It seems our next bet would be to move the limo in the cargo area (which is concrete) and limit my shoot drastically. Doing composition work for this (with the reflections) seems difficult as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like an interesting video. You don't necessarily need a green screen, I would probably rotoscope with masks, which wouldn't be that time consuming if you have limited camera movements. but with a steady cam, that sounds difficult.

Network Sponsors

Back