Clint Eastwood the "Gran Torino"

Why are we criticizing Clint Eastwood and 'Gran Torino' when Beverley Hills Chihuahua was the number one movie in America about a month ago??? This is the best American movie that's been made since the Dark Knight... Just about every other movie in theaters right now is horrible with a few exceptions. Come to think of it, just about every movie that's come out in the last year from the Hollywood studio system has been bad if we want to look at it percentage wise. Recycled ideas. Christopher Doyle said that over the course of his career, 14 of the movies he's shot have been bought for remake in the U.S... Pathetic. I commend Clint Eastwood at least for telling excellent visual stories in his own engaging, original way.

I love Clint Eastwood, and I enjoyed the film

I love Clint Eastwood, and I enjoyed the film

Eastwood is soon to be 79 years old. He is a significant inspiration for me. I believe he wrote and played the music for Million Dollar Baby from what I understand. He is still creating and working at his age, and that is just something above and beyond. God, please let me have 50% of that kind of love for my work and energy and to even live that long. I hope I can be anything like Mr. eastwood in many ways if at all possible. I will see if I can get an interview with him and find out more about this movie and what he thinks.

Last edited:
All of his movies are so stylistically different, it's difficult to make comparisons to his other work. This was no exception. Visually I didn't take issue with it. It felt a little bit like an elswit movie before it got darker. I agree that the acting from everyone except eastwood left something to be desired...

On the lighter side, must say, I'm not a film snob. Life is too short to be a snob of anything? Don't judge me. I enjoyed watching "Beverley Hills Chihuahua". We need light-hearted entertainment to make us laugh, laugh, laugh. :D:D:D

Network Sponsors

Back