Cinema Across The Pond

temerson

Is there anybody from across the Pond here? I've been researching film making and the industry over in Europe (France and Italy, specifically). Is there anybody from either of these two countries, or Europe in general, that can give me some more insight? I'm really looking into doing two projects in Orleans, and I've been in contact with the Loire Valley Film Commission about some stuff that's coming up. If anybody has any info on the industry side of things, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

-T

We meet once more. (posted on another of your threads if you haven´t seen it yet).
You wrote that you were looking to do a few projects. What do you mean by that. Fiction or doc.?
I´m from Sweden, and here one way to get funding is from TV-stations. They can sometimes co-produce, but most want you to have some fundings already.

What I'm working on right now is in partnership with the Sister Cities Organization, the French government, the Orleans governemtn, the Loire Valley Film Commission, the Kansas Film Commission, and the Wichita Association for the Motion Picture Arts. It has two components: One is a fictional account of the liberation of Orleans from Nazi grasp, and the second is a documentary story, retold by the soldiers and Orleanais that lived it. Right now, I'm looking for a way to fund five scenes to be shot on location in France, as well as a proposal to be sent out to find more funding for the feature fictional account. I've had several people become interested in the documentary part, and I'm just waiting on the money coming for the narrative. Any thoughts?

Since both your projects are based in history, might be able to be able to get other goverment ograns to push in some money. I don´t know how the Frence goverment is set up, but if there is a branch that handle history (might be the same as tends for museums), here in Sweden, they can sometimes help. If you are very ambitious you can contact channels like discovery and the histroy channel.

dodo

Network Sponsors

Back