Chokora

Joe Louis

Hi My name is Joe Louis, I am a film maker based in the UK and also in Kenya, East Africa. My organisation 'Ghettosaints' has a short film in the LA short film festival this year. The film is entitled CHOKORA (kiswahili for 'street boy') It stars real street children and depicts the struggles of drug addiction and gangs for young children. The film is being screened on Monday the 12th September at the Archlight cinema sunset Blvd, LA. (theatre 9 at 10:15pm i think)
As everyone involved in the production has no money (the film only cost $300 to make) We cant afford to get over to the festival ourselves :-( So we are just trying to let people know about it, so any locals might be able to go along and see our movie! If you Live in LA please try and go along, this is one of the few African films to gain recognition, and it is unique in that allthough it is fictional drama it doesnt use actors but real people who have been through the real horror of the street.
Peace
Joe Louis

Help?

Help?

Me again just thought I'd add- If there are any helpful souls in LA who might be able to go further and spread the word and promote our film for us in our absence we would be eternaly grateful! give me an email to find out details of the film, any help would be really great, from just telling a few friends to baybe sticking some posters up. Calling all LA Ghetto Saints who'd come to the aid of a stranger.
One Love.
Joe Louis
Director - Ghettosaints

Hi,

Congratulaions on getting into the festival, it's a great achievmant with such a low budget and i'm sure there are a lot of envious filmmakers out there.
Congrats again

Regards James.[/u]

Network Sponsors

Back