Can I use VR if I wear glasses?

juliadoyle

This question is probably the first ones that pops in your mind if you wear glasses. Don’t worry, you won’t have to use the VR headset without your glasses on. You can easily wear a standard VR headset with your glasses on and enjoy the full experience of virtual reality.

VR_Eye_Glasses_Pexels.jpg

How can I use the VR Headset with my glasses on?

Option 1: Use Glasses Spacers for your VR Headset
It’s easy! First, you need to adjust the straps of the headset in a position that is comfortable for you. After the straps have been adjusted, you need an accessory item called “spacers”. The spacers need to be inserted behind the cushions. This means that you first need to gently remove the inner cushion in the headset and insert the glasses spacer.

In this short tutorial from YouTube, you can see how to install the Glasses Spacer for Oculus Quest 2.

Other VR headsets, such as HTC Vive, come with build in glass spacer.

Option 2: Use Prescription Lens for your VR Headset

Aside from the Glasses Spacer, there is another alternative to enjoying the clarity of a virtual reality experience. Most VR Headset producers also sell prescription lens inserts for their device. They are believed to be a better alternative because the clarity of the image, which goes up to 8k resolution for both eyes, can impact the quality of the user experience. Companies cannot afford to lose customers because they see a blurry image.

Of course, aside from using these accessories, you should always remember to clean both your glasses and your VR to prevent blurriness.

If there will ever be a VR FAQ, this question should be among the first ones. So many people asked me this it's crazy.

Network Sponsors

Back