Browser Wars

Kim Welch

Staff member
I update one browser and it messed up another browser or is this my computer system. I get some kind of bootstrap error now on IE and when i updated IE firefox started giving me and error message. I started thinking that they are fighting over who is going to be the browser i can use on my machine! Anyone have anything like this happen?

Which did you set as your default search engine?

Have you both IE explorer and firefox on your PC?

Last edited:
Firefox download/install worked fine for me...

Firefox download/install worked fine for me...

When I installed Firefox, I needed IE to get to it, so both browsers were open during download/install. Didn't get any bootstrap errors.

Browser wars - the old term caught my eye for a second there! During my web dev days, I could go on and on about IE, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, etc. And Photoshop versus Firefox. And Dreamweaver versus Imageready, free HTML software, and hard coding. Well, I've always used IE to surf, and the rest to test with. But, since this post, I'm now using Firefox.

When I click to load new webpages, they seem to load faster in Firefox than IE. Not sure if that's coincidence or one of the real advantages. And then there's that "speed dial" feature which is a useful.

my 2nd day using Firefox

my 2nd day using Firefox

Wow, my second day of using Firefox as my browser, and I'm not getting used to the look-and-feel yet. After stalling/timing out on me the way that IE never did, I closed out to start up IE, and continue working in IE instead. Hmmm. Maybe I'll try Firefox again a lil' later.

;)

Network Sponsors

Back