British Film Funding Post Brexit

moonchildchar

Hello, I am a Level 3 Creative Media Production Student undertaking reasearch on the funding available for British independent filmmakers and the affect Brexit has on the British film industry. Would you please take the time to answer a few of these questions to help me with my research. Responses outside of the UK are also valid and appreciated.

What do you know about the BFI?

Do yo know how British films are funded?

Are you familiar with kickstarter and how It contributed to film in Britain? And do you think it's a good idea?

Do you think British filmmakers such as Danny Boyle would be successful if he didn't have his film funded in the UK and by the US instead?

Do you consider the film industry important to Britain?

Do you think it's right for the the government to fund British films?

How do you think Brexit will affect the funding for British films?

How do you think British films should be funded?

What other types of funding do you know about?

If you were an aspiring film maker, what funding would you want for your film? Kickstarter, National Lottery, IndieGogo

Do you prefer high budget films or low budget films?

This is open for discussion, feel free to leave any opinions. Your response is important to me!

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Do you think British filmmakers such as Danny Boyle would be successful if he didn't have his film funded in the UK and by the US instead?

I think that danny boyle would still be as successful due to the style of directory he has and what he does to make a good film.

Do you consider the film industry important to Britain?

Yes I do because you have big films like "james Bond" wich is one of the biggest british films. Also films like "Johnny English"

Do you think it's right for the the government to fund British films?

I think that the idea would have to be very very good to be able to get funding from the british government due to them being short on money sometimes in this sector

How do you think Brexit will affect the funding for British films?

They will not be able to certify it as a british as they will not be able to do the co-production agreements

Network Sponsors

Back