Bringing Avid files into Final Cut Pro

FCP to AVID

FCP to AVID

I sure of an exact way BUT i dont think its possible just on the computer because FCP is a spin off of Avid ( when avid and apple got mad at each other apple made FCP) so i dont think they will work together BUT you could probably dump to tape for FCP then capture into Avid (higher quality than exporting & importing anyways.) see if that works for what you need to do.

www.HUNTERKANEMEDIA.com

I wouldn't call FCP a "spin off" of Avid, more an answer to.

It is possible to bring AVid files into FCP. But not advisable. Avid uses its own file format OMF and converts everything to that. You could export clips as a Quicktime that FCP can read but that would recompress everything and not a great workflow. You best bet is to recapture in FCP. If you have the edit done you could export an EDL and recapture just the edit. If not you could export the bin information and batch recapture in FCP.

Automatic Duck is your answer, very easy to use, very well established in the industry, very stable.

Apple and Avid never got "mad at each other'. I suggest you do a little more homework on the subject. Avid and Apple never did try to build an NLE "together". Macromedia had an NLE project they put up for sale. Apple bought it. Simple as that.

Network Sponsors

Back