Blurry footage?

samuelrwd55

Hi, just a question. Is there any reason my footage from my Canon DSLR would look in perfect focus on my camera screen but conpletely fuzzy and blurry when I look at it on my laptop? Thanks in advance.

Hey @samuelrwd55 !
This could be a common issue that most of us encounter when using a DSLR. The camera screen is very small, therefore, the image might look in perfect focus. However, in reality, it is not in perfect focus and when you download it to your PC or laptop you can see that. This also happens with pictures, not only videos. :)
Do you use auto focus or manual focus?

Hey @samuelrwd55 !
This could be a common issue that most of us encounter when using a DSLR. The camera screen is very small, therefore, the image might look in perfect focus. However, in reality, it is not in perfect focus and when you download it to your PC or laptop you can see that. This also happens with pictures, not only videos. :)
Do you use auto focus or manual focus?
I used both to focus. I also zoomed all the way in on the screen. I could see the actors eyelashes it was in focus! :))

Yes, but again, the screen size makes the difference. Something might look cristal clear on a small screen, and not on a big one. :) The problem for this is that the ISO and aperture is not well set up, the lighting criteria are not met and probably the focal points are not enough for what you are trying to film. Sometimes, the images can look grainy because the ISO is very high, or you are shooting in low light.
As I said, it is something that happens to everyone and it is a learning curve until you get the right settings, shooting angles and focus. :) And you can never fully trust what you see on that small screen.

Network Sponsors

Back