#Archangel (Short sci-fi movie) re-score by Emmanuel Carlos St.Omer

carlossto

Name
Emmanuel Carlos St.Omer
This powerful short movie is based on the Catholic prayer "Holy Michael the Archangel, defend us on the day of battle....". My composition also called Archangel, plays to a self-edited version of the movie. I hope you enjoy it and would appreciate your comments.

Attachments

• Archangel Album cover.jpg
    Archangel Album cover.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 155
I did not see the original score or the movie. I did see your re-score and video edit and I liked it :D What inspired you to create this composition?

I like anything about God, heaven, angels, and the fight between Good and Evil. I even like the really far-fetched stories on Netflix like the Super Natural on Netflix and Lucifer. I always think that no matter how enormous the genius behind the imagination of how things might be that God's imagination exceeds it infinitely and we will be unimaginably blown away by it in scope, depth, and impressiveness. I think there is a reason the angels burst into song when they witness the creation of the universe. Thank you for your post. The things that pull me out most of the time are the interpretation of wings. I know there is flight but I don't think it's flapping wings. :)

I did not see the original score or the movie. I did see your re-score and video edit and I liked it :D What inspired you to create this composition?
Inspiration comes from the sound of triumph; of good prevailing over evil; of trumpets proclaiming victory. I think of glorious King Arthur, and Gandolph in Lord of the Rings. What music would fill the air when the wicked armies are defeated.

I like anything about God, heaven, angels, and the fight between Good and Evil. I even like the really far-fetched stories on Netflix like the Super Natural on Netflix and Lucifer. I always think that no matter how enormous the genius behind the imagination of how things might be that God's imagination exceeds it infinitely and we will be unimaginably blown away by it in scope, depth, and impressiveness. I think there is a reason the angels burst into song when they witness the creation of the universe. Thank you for your post. The things that pull me out most of the time are the interpretation of wings. I know there is flight but I don't think it's flapping wings. :)
Well said Kim. Sometimes I imagine the fight to be like Gandolph dressed in white coming over the hill with his army of angels, swooping down on the Orks with the blinding light of Heaven at their backs, in the faces of the enemy in The Lord of the Rings. There are no wings, but there is magnificence in good and ugliness in evil.

Thanks Charlote, and speaking of prayers, do you know that my family and I say this prayer (Holy Michael...) every night before bed, for protection from Satan? Prayer is indeed a bright light into the darkness.
I did not know that but I used to do the same as a child

Network Sponsors

Back