Anyone watch the series Heroes?

Kim Welch

Staff member
Does anyone watch the series "Heroes"? I like is. I don't think there is any one thing that makes it work. I think it is a combination of directing, acting chemistry, writing, cinematography and editing.

Last edited:
I loved the first season. It was as close to perfection a TV series can be. Then they fell short the entire rest of the run, never bad, but never attaining that same greatness.

part of it was in the first season they killed off main characters, something they wouldn't really do again.

still good

still good

I agree i think it was best the first year but it is still good. i think they brought some back to life in the following seasons and i am watching season four on netflix now and they have brought back the Girl in Texas that Hero was in love with...

Yes, it was still good, but that first season was GREAT and I would even say perfect, nearly flawless.

They never lost the quality of production, just the writing never recovered from what they were going to do before the writer's strike.

The 2nd season they were supposed to do 6 bonus episodes, kind of "one offs" with people like Kevin Smith writing and directing an episode, each on featuring a new character, and the best 2 were supposed to join the 3rd season.... then the writer's strike killed all of that.

perfect

perfect

I think "perfect" is a relatively thing as well. so, what might be perfect from the eyes of one perspective might not be so perfect from another perspective. for me i think "perfect" is like heaven. i believe it exists but i have never experienced it. and then there are poets who have said there is a perfection in the imperfect.

so, i can't say it was "perfect" or near "perfect" or not "perfect" but i can say it is good. i wanted to watch it again and find out what was happening next. the characters were good and well acted. the cinematography was smart and sexy. i would go as far as saying it is a hot show.

Last edited:
Lately I've been devouring HOUSE M.D. - the pilot was directed by BRYAN SINGER and the season finale last year was shot entirely with Canon 5D DLSR's.... it's one of the best written shows and the camera work done on it now is spectacular.

It seems like a lot of great work is being done on TV these days. The epic, long form seems to be where some of the best writers are going. Especially on HBO and SHOWTIME or FX.

In the last 10 years or so, great cinema-style photography and compelling stories are less the exception and more the norm on TV.

are you sure you watched the season 4?

are you sure you watched the season 4?

are you sure you watched the season 4?it is pretty damn good. i notice they have the ASC members shooting it.

Network Sponsors

Back