An Indirect Threat

D

Digigenic

In what ways can a director indirectly threaten or jeopardize the success of a production?
Assuming that the production has the potential to be successful, how can a director unknowingly irritate and potentially enflame the delicate sensibilities of those involved with the production?
What I find interesting, is that there might be more ways for a director to indirectly threaten a production than to directly support it. What do you think?
8)

Brian Cox did a interview with the Fox Searchlab about this a little, talked about the actor/director relationship and what really has to be done to make it work. i think its still online at the fox searchlight site.

There are some very respectable actors out there who have a sensible understanding of the communicative dynamics within a production.
To some degree, the director wants to be an actor and the actor wants to be a director and the moments between an actor and a director on set are like escapism, where both get to change hats and free their imaginations. But, it isn’t like that with everyone on the set.

For a director there are a greater number of production elements to take into account, and the capacity for understanding the dynamics of a production requires greater control. Even though the director may not be capable of controlling each production element, they continue to try, and in trying to control everything, I believe that it often has an adverse effect on the production.

Network Sponsors

Back