2020 Holiday Gift Guide for Filmmakers & Crew

Moving Picture

Once again, we’re excited to bring you Moving Picture Rental’s Holiday Gift Guide for Filmmakers and Crew. Being filmmakers ourselves, we know that we’re a slightly tough crowd to find gifts for, so we’ve come up with this guide to help you find your filmmaker friend a gift he or she will love.

We’ve included a wide variety of price points, from stocking stuffers to $179 tote bags. This list will be sure to “short circuit” gift shopping for your favorite filmmaker! (In case you’re wondering, we’re doing this as a public service, with no affiliation to the products listed. We just happen to love them.)

If you prefer to watch the video version of this guide (or send it to a friend), check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMp...ture=emb_title

4-in-1 Precision Screwdriver by Klein- $10

Klein makes amazing tools, and this precision screwdriver is not the exception! Instead of carrying 4 screwdrivers in your kit, take only one.

Four different non-magnetic tips in one tool include #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch (3.2 mm) and 3/32-inch (2.4 mm) Slotted tips.

Get it here.

YOSHIHARU HAMONO Penato Knife- $12

The century-old Japanese firm Yoshiharu Cutlery earned its stripes handcrafting chisels. Now it makes elegant knives like this pocketable specimen.

Its take on a Kiridashi utility knife pairs a carbon-steel blade with a brass body. Keep it on your desk to slice open packages, or simply display it as a sharp conversation piece.

Get it here.

Film Leader mug -$18.00

Film Leader Co makes goodies for filmmakers so they can have more “swag.” They make mugs, tees, tanks, button-downs, and backpacks.

Gift your friend a mug stylized with film motives so he/she can look the part!

Get it here.

Streamlight 66608 250 Lumen Microstream USB Rechargeable Flashlight- $29.99

When an iPhone is not bright enough, this is THE flashlight that will save you. This tiny flashlight is big on power and features super brought (250 Lumens).

It runs 3. 5 hours on low and includes a USB cord for charging. With the clip, attach it to the visor of your baseball cap, and now it is a headlamp!

Get it here.

LEATHERMAN Raptor Emergency Response Shears with Strap Cutter & Glass Breaker- $79.95

I find myself reaching for a pair of scissors more and more these days instead of a knife! This handy scissor comes equipped with 6 tools, including folding emergency response shears, a strap cutter, a ring cutter, a ruler, an oxygen tank wrench, and a carbide glass breaker.

It also brings a belt carrier that comes in handy while working on the set.

Get it here.

Ultimate Ears Boom 3- $125.00

UE’s Boom series is my all-time favorite Bluetooth speaker. The new Boom 3 inherits that portable party crown. It’s the same size as a tallboy of Budweiser, but it sounds like a magnum of Veuve Clicquot—which is to say, outstanding.

The waterproof design (it floats!) comes in a variety of beach-ready colors.

Get it here.

EVERYDAY TOTE PACK by Peak Designs -$179.95

On our list for the second year in a row, Peak Designs now makes a super functional tote bag for filmmakers.

With a laptop and tablet compartment as well as a place for small items like your EarPods, this bag is great for hauling around your portable production office clutter.

Get it here.

Shooting in Florida? We make it easy for you. We’re your Florida One-Stop-Shop with Cameras, Lighting, Production Services, and Crew. We have offices in Orlando, Fort Myers, and Miami. Happy Holidays.

Are you located in Florida? Do you ship worldwide? 🙂

Do you still sell the filmmaker stuff? I would really like to order a mug from you. My good friend loves filming short movies and wants to become a film director. I think she’s really talented, and I want to support her in all her beginnings.
That’s why a cup like this would be a true gem of the gift basket with stuff she likes I am making for her. I want this year’s present to be different because we will most probably have to say goodbye to each other because I’m moving to another state. And I want to give her something that will remind her of me.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back